The purpose of the preliminary meeting is to provide facilities with an overview of SANC and its requirements. One or more representatives of the State Certifying Authority meet with the facility’s representatives. Topics to be discussed include the following:
- Expectations and steps in the SANC certification process
- Roles of State Certifying Authority and facility personnel
- Resource requirements of the facility such as personnel, specific business practices, equipment, etc.
- Questions and concerns from facility personnel
- Timeline to complete certification
Proceed to Step #3: Risk Assessment